Thank you, Victoria, from Victoria’s Reads for nominating me for this – looks fun!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you’d like to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, providing a link to the post you’ve created. (Please make sure you do this step! Otherwise they won’t know you’ve tagged them until they check the referral portion of their stats.)
How I got started…
I started this blog in August of 2016 in an attempt to write more consistently. I think it worked, because I have posted weekly ever since! The primary purpose of this blog, however, is to build a platform of followers and readers as I pursue publication for my own works. Book reviews sort of seemed like a no-brainer. By reading and reviewing one book per week (a daunting goal), I was forced to immerse myself in the genre that I hope one day to add my own books to – Young Adult. It provides the perfect excuse to get my hands on as much YA as possible, and familiarizes me to what’s on the shelves today. Win-win.
My advice to new bloggers?
- Use WordPress! I’m serious, guys. I started out on Blogger, and I soon realized how restricted I was with the templates. Not only is it difficult to customize and personalize, it’s really hard to make it look professional. Once I compared my blog on Blogger to those on WordPress, I was kicking myself for not choosing WordPress. Thankfully, there is a way to export your blog from one site to another, but save yourself the hours it took me to do this step and just use WordPress from day. Learn from my mistakes!
- Find a blogging schedule that works for you. Once a week might not be a realistic goal for posting on your blog, and that’s totally fine! Find a pace that is doable for you… and stick to it, no matter what. Once you start blogging consistently, it becomes a priority. I try to never miss a Monday, so when Mondays roll around, I keep the day as free as possible because the one thing that needs to happen that day (besides my job, duh) is blogging. Even if nothing else gets done that day, at least I blogged and met my goal. Find what works for you – once a week, once every two weeks, once a month – and stick to it! I promise, it is so rewarding.
I would like to nominate:
Emily Rose from Rose Read (why didn’t I think of that? Love it)
Jenn, Eden and Caitlynn from Thrice Read
Kiersten from Once Upon a Spine
Azia from The Uncharted Word
Michelle from Book Adventures
Ashley from What’s She Reading
Mary Kate from Wanderlusty Writer
Lydia from Noveltea
Christine from Wee Reader
Angelica and Rosie from The Book Cover Girl
Ava from Bookishness and Tea
Kyera from Kyera’s Library
Larkin from Wonderfilled Reads
Danissa from Booklandia
Mandy from Book Princess Reviews